Thursday, May 05, 2011

Sopa de Cinco de Mayo

Today is Cinco de Mayo and I’m all about celebrating Mexican heritage and culture with some good food, so much more enjoyable (IMHO) than reenacting the Battle of Puebla in day-long dramatizations.

IMG_7072This soup, fire roasted tomato and chicken tortilla soup, is hands down one of the absolute best soups I have EVER made and what’s even better is that it’s beyond easy and quick to make.  I have enjoyed this soup so much that I’ve been tucking the small bowl of leftovers in the back of the fridge hoping that Eammon doesn’t find it and forgets that it’s there so that I get it ALL…mine, mine, mine!!  Next time that I make this I will definitely be making a double batch.  I did use my Cheaters chicken soup when making this and I feel that it helps with the rich flavor but you could substitute boxed or canned low sodium chicken broth.  Also to cut down on the work, store bought tortilla chips could be used in place of the homemade tortilla strips but the homemade ones really rock and are so worth the few moments it takes to make them.  I hope that you’ll give this soup a try and please, if you make it, let me know what you think.  I have posted the recipe on Cook Lisa Cook and here is the direct link to the recipe:  Fire roasted tomato and chicken tortilla soup.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Whoops, we went out for Chinese tonight. LOL! The soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks amazing! You should do a cooking class, you're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails