Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blacksmith Pizza

Many, many years ago before Maisie and even before Eammon, I remember visiting right around Christmas time (because it was wicked cold up in Massachusetts) with my Blacksmith friend George Martell and his family.  George made a wonderful dinner of grilled pizzas and I fell head-over-heels in love with them and dubbed them Blacksmith pizzas in his honor.  Grilled pizzas in this country are said to have started at Al Forno restaurant in Providence, Rhode Island and while I have enjoyed them there many, many times, I honestly like my own better as I tailor them to whatever flavor profile strikes my fancy.  I have been making these pizzas ever since George introduced me to them and they really are quite easy to make.  Because a lot of the preparation can be done in advance and because they are individual portions that can be customized, they are perfect for when we entertain or have guests, both those who love and are willing to try anything as well as those that are fussy with their food.

IMG_7906eMaisie adores Blacksmith pizza and this day she was eating one with tomato sauce and because it’s what I had on hand, Fiesta blend cheese. (That’s why it looks so orange)

IMG_7899eWhat’s great about these pizzas is that you can really use whatever you have on hand which was what happened this time.  This tray contains pizzas for Maisie and I.  Mine are in the top row and have a light coating of Roasted Garlic Onion Jam, very thinly sliced prosciutto and a light sprinkle of Fiesta blend cheese.  Maisie likes basic pizza, tomato sauce and a good amount of the Fiesta blend cheese

IMG_7901This tray was Eammon’s with all his pizzas being topped with Roasted Garlic Onion Jam, some very thinly sliced prosciutto and a light sprinkle of Fiesta blend cheese.  The top row pizzas also have the diced fire roasted tomatoes, thinly slice red, orange & yellow sweet peppers and diced Vidalia onion. 

IMG_7912eMaisie gives Blacksmith pizza a big thumbs up…as do Eammon and I.  Give them a try, they’re easy and pretty darn awesome.

Here’s some food p@rn of the grilled pizzas that I’ve blogged about in the past.IMG_6167eMaisie’s favorite, tomato sauce and cheese.

IMG_6174eMy all time favorite pizza...Ever!  Roasted Garlic Onion Jam, figs picked fresh off my neighbor's tree (with their permission of course) and goat cheese.

IMG_6171eOne of my longtime go-to pizzas, pesto, caramelized onions, goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes.

IMG_6176eEammon likes more ingredients and this is one of his favorites, tomato sauce, olive tapenade, caramelized onions, prosciutto, sun dried tomatoes and cheese.

IMG_6178eThe always delicious Roasted Garlic Onion Jam, prosciutto, caramelized onion and cheese

IMG_6197eAnd just because I love her and think she’s stinkin’ adorable, Maisie eating her Blacksmith pizza way back in August 2009.

Head over to Cook Lisa Cook for all the detail on how to make wonderful, easy and delicious Blacksmith Pizza.

More recent recipes on Cook Lisa CookMango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I should know better than to read this when I'm hungry. Now I'm STARVING and am going to have to get a little snack to hold me over till dinner. Bet it won't be as good as grilled pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are killing me! Man. You guys eat great!

    Love Maisie's little blue shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what is so fantastic about you; you even put effort into pizza! I call Pizza Hut.

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails