Thursday, July 27, 2006

You've got to be kidding!

Let me start by saying, Eammon snores. It's generally loud, resonant, constant, rhythmic and in a weird, bizarre sort of way, somewhat soothing to know that he's next to me and still breathing. Every once in a while it gets too loud and if his snores alone don't wake him up, which they often do, I'll poke him in the ribs so that he turns over or changes his position. Funny thing is, I'm a super light sleeper and I wake up every time he turns over, gets out of bed and even if he wakes up in the middle of the night, he'll always find that I too am awake. Odd as it may sound, I can honestly say that his snoring doesn't bother me.

Well, last night I couldn't sleep because there was no snoring. Eammon was in bed, quiet, laying still and I couldn't hear his breathing. At various times I rested my hand on his back or chest and felt him breathing but where was the noise??? I was awake most of the night just laying quiet, resting my hand on him. This morning I asked him how he slept and he told me that he wasn't rested at all, that he spent a good part of the night just laying quiet, resting as he was having difficulty sleeping. I guess that we're a co-dependent couple and we both need for Eammon to snore at night, so that we can sleep. Who'da thunk it??

6 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I tolerated Muffin Man's snoring like you. It keeps me awake all the time. Sometimes it sounds like a freight train. Good for you that you are used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eammon may want to go in for a sleep study. Even if the snoring is a comforting sound, people who snore excessively may suffer from sleep apnea ...a condition where the tissue at back of the throat closes to the point they are not getting enough oxygen.

    Most times they wake themselves up because they need air.

    Not only does the person not get a good night's sleep, sleep apnea causes the heart to not get the oxygen it needs as well, which can lead to all kinds of medical troubles down the road.

    Take it from us. Rich had a study done and we found out he was waking himself up once every 45 seconds he was sleeping. So not only was he dog tired all the time, we feel SA strongly it contributed to his heart problems.

    And it is amazing how common the condition is.

    Rich now wears a mask to bed and gets a great night's sleep. And I swear you'll get used to not hearing the snoring too.

    Not to scare you but this condition is now being recognized as a real issue that can be corrected to prevent future health problems.

    Nighty-night, :)

    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:21 PM

    OMG, you did what I used to do when I would babysit kids - check to ensure they are breathing. Glad he is okay, but sorry you can't get sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! I'm the snorer in our family. Luckily it doesn't bother my husband. I in fact own one of those machines that Shelley described. It really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Lisa..once Baby S arrives you will be up all night; listening for the baby and poking Eammon. I am exhausted just thinking about it...LOL

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I wish..........I could hear a mouse fart 2 miles away.

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails