Monday, May 02, 2005

No more disposable organs for my man!

It has been a long day already and it is just past noontime. Eammon and I were up at 4:30 this morning so that I could get him to the hospital for his gall bladder surgery. The surgery went well...Eammon slept right through it. Here is the really sad part of my day though. The staffer in the surgery waiting area recognized me. Luckily not by name, but she recognized me by my frequent visits to the hospital, this being Eammon's fourth surgery in 11 months. I told Eammon that this is it, no more, he has run out of disposable organs, this is his last surgery ever!! The one good thing about this surgery is that unlike his emergency appendectomy, 2 days after it ruptured, this was scheduled and he seems to have breezed through it and doesn't need to spend a week in the hospital. I spent my time in the waiting area, sitting on another uncomfortable hospital chair, watching people eat Italian cream cake at 7:30 in the morning. Hey, free cake in the waiting area, guess they figure why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails