Sunday, November 06, 2011

Socialite Maisie

What a day yesterday for my little Maisie Miao Miao as she had one fun filled busy day.  First she spent the morning at the gym for TOPs practice then it was home for a quick shower and change before heading off to her first of two birthday parties, both at nice restaurants.  I’m telling you, Maisie gets better and fancier invites than her parents!  The first party was at The Melting Pot celebrating April’s 6th birthday. 

IMG_2115eMaisie and birthday girl April.

IMG_2121eThis was one very fancy party with the children starting the celebration with fancy yin & yang drinks.

IMG_2122eOh yes, they all enjoyed their special drinks.

IMG_2124eThen before the chocolate fondue there were crafts where the children made cute foam doorknob hangers.  Maisie decided to make one for her friend “K” which I guess was appropriate as “K’s” birthday party would be Maisie’s next social engagement later that night.  The children enjoyed two different fondues, yin & yang and I think s’mores but honestly I was too busy enjoying the yin & yang in front of me to even take pictures at that point.  The party and the chocolate fondue were delicious good fun and Maisie really enjoyed her first fondue experience and loved being at the party to celebrate April’s birthday.  Happy number six April!

IMG_2154eFrom one party to the next as Maisie joined “K” at Bamboo to celebrate her 9th birthday.  Children and adults alike dined on “K’s” favorites, edamame, dumplings, chicken satay, Mandarin beef ribs, Pad Thai and a totally delicious shrimp and avocado salad.  Happy birthday “K” and Maisie enjoyed celebrating with you.

One long day filled with three fun activities and lots of good food made for one tired little girl.  Maisie actually fell asleep really quickly last night and had sweet dreams remembering her fun-filled day. 

New recipe coming tomorrow over on Cook Lisa Cook so be sure to check it out in the morning.  Since last night we enjoyed delicious Asian food for dinner and I’m still thinking about that salad, today I decided to feature my Oriental Chicken Salad here on the blog.  Click on the picture to be taken to the recipe. 

IMG_8256e2[3]

If you missed my Mango Upside Down Cake which I posted on Friday, you’re missing out as it’s delish as are my other recipes all posted over on Cook Lisa Cook.  I’d love for you to become a subscriber so not to miss any, just click on the follow/join this site button in the side bar of Cook Lisa Cook.

While you’re checking out the Oriental Chicken Salad and Mango Upside Down Cake I’d love for you to take a look at some of my other recipes including:  Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak, Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho, Red Chinese Long Beans with Peppers & Red Curry, 24-Layer Crêpe Cake Fig & Watermelon Salad, Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini, Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad, Grilled Prawns, Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon, Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies, Pesto Pita Pizza, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Nutella Crêpes, Mango, Lime & Chile Spiced Ice Box Pie, Roast Beef & Garlic Herb Cheese Sandwich, Layered Crespelle with Bolognese, Fresh Mozzarella & Basil, Jamaican Jerk Meat Pies, Nutella No Bake Cookies, Velvety Mac & Cheese, Welsh Cakes, Tom Yam Ghoong (Spicy Shrimp Soup), Lime Jewels, Southwest Pasta Salad, Walnut Roca Squares, Uncle Bubba’s Shrimp & Grits, Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps, Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, Copycat “KFC” Coleslaw, Happy 6th Birthday Maisie Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies, Thin Mint Irish Coffee, Caramel Apples, “Rotisserie” Chicken, Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwich, Mummy Hotdogs and Mango Upside Down Cake.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Maisie really is quite the socialite! Glad she had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Ro and Ree would LOVE those drinks!! Going to have to Google it now and see if I can find any instructions.

    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, I would have enjoyed both of those parties myself! I have to ask, what is a yin & yang drink? It looked scrumptious!

    Lots of cuties at those parties. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:15 PM

    Hi,
    The yin & yang drinks are from the Melting Pot. I think it was liquid vanilla ice cream and then something chocolate. They used a mold to make it. Then topped it off with some chocolate topping. It was fun to watch them make it - it's actually very labor intensive - and they had to make over 20 of them.

    Lisa, you took great photos as usual! So glad you all came and had a great time. I know April was so happy Maisie came. I'll try not to have the stomach flu for next year's party - twice in a row was omre than enough for me :)

    Ilene

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails