Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Cuteness saves the day again!

Not from the obscenely high gas prices of yesterday but in saving my sanity from hurricane Maisie Misery Guts.

IMG_0747 Our day started at 5:30am and though early, it looked like calm sailing for the day as Maisie awoke in a good mood. She ate three scrambled eggs and a slice of bacon for breakfast so an excellent start. A little later on her teeth seemed to be bothering her a bit as her final two year molars have finally started to break through the gums, so I gave her some ibuprofen and that seemed to help.

IMG_0761 We were heading over to Kathy's house for play date and lunch and Maisie only wanted to wear her yellow Minnie Mouse shoes and I wasn't in the mood to make it an issue so off to our play date we went. Maisie was a little bit clingy but we had fun with Kathy & Chani and Lisa & Briana. During lunch Maisie managed to polished off two full slices of pizza even after snacking on dried apples, pretzels, cheerios and fruit puffs. All three girls were adorable and both Maisie and I had a good time.

IMG_0765a We headed home and I was happy that Maisie didn't fall asleep during the drive as I needed to get a few things done during nap time and I wanted her to sleep at home. Once home I got her into bed and she seemed sleepy, yawning and rubbing her eyes. I heard her talking to herself, singing a bit, playing with some of her crib toys then about 40 minutes later she started whimpering and then crying. It was already getting too late for her to nap so I figured I would go get her and just suffer through the afternoon with a nap-less two-year-old. Imagine my surprise when I walked into her bedroom to find her in her bed, stark naked! She had peed on the sheets so I got everything into the laundry and got Maisie cleaned up and we headed into the family room to play and that's when the real "fun" of the afternoon started.

IMG_0758a I swear it was like the girl was on speed as she never stopped! She was running around crazy, throwing things, jumping on the sofa (which is a BIG even propelling herself off the sofa twice which is dangerous considering we have tile floors. If I had to guess, I would say that she spent a good hour in time-out, in two-minute increments. Most of her dinner she launched to the floor and when I asked her to help clean-up her musical instruments she instead opened the puzzle cabinet and dumped all on the floor then headed to her refrigerator to dump all her cut-apart food to the floor. By that point it was only 6:05PM but we headed into Maisie's bedroom where I quickly re-made her bed and got her into her p.j.'s, we did our bedtime routine and by 6:25PM the girl was in bed and within 5 minutes she was asleep.

After Miss M was put to bed I did a clean-up of the family room, popped a Dinner A'Fare meal into the oven and am now sitting with my feet up blogging, waiting for Eammon to come home from work. I'm starting to feel the stress leave my body and I'm keeping everything crossed that tomorrow is a better day, wish us luck!


  1. Yeesh!! Sounds like a tough, tough day for Mom. Those days are the worst. Good thinking on the early bedtime. Hope tomorrow is wonderful.

    (PS: Thanks for the message today! Loved getting it. The girls decided to barely sleep and not at the same time, so I was scrambling all day.)

  2. Holy cow girl! That sounds like a rough day! At least she ate well. Guess you gotta look at the bright side in all that wildness of the day!You're right, her cuteness makes it all worth it.

  3. ahhh,,,we love those kinds of days around our house. NOT. hehe. Glad you made it through without losing too much sanity. and forget trying to make any sense of it. sometimes you just have to "play it by ear" when the girlie gets into those modes. We've done time outs, barring the watching of Sesame Street or Elmo, etc. and sometimes it works! other times we end up just riding out the storm (to use your analogy)of crying, whining, and acting like a total...well, 2 1/2 year old. :)

    but when that sweet sweet smile comes out and the hugs and kisses follow, the craziness and frustration fades away. :)

    oh, and adorable pics!

  4. Is it a full moon or something....? I could not believe how hyper our girl was today... whew she wore me out! So, I feel ya sista!
    Two year olds taking over..... God help us. :-)

  5. Momma said there'd be days like this....and she wasn't kidding!

    Hope today is better for you friend.

  6. Anonymous9:02 AM

    Whoa momma! You earned a rest!

  7. I hope you and Maisie are having a better day today. I'm sending good vibes!
    LID: 05/24/06

  8. I am so sorry you had such a rough afternoon! Morning was really fun though! :)

    Your pics are awesome! I am totally stealing them from you for my blog! :)

  9. I am sorry but I laughed out loud and then I could hear my mom saying "you are getting paid back for all the times you did ...."
    She is just to darn cute to stay mad at to long:)

  10. Hey, cuteness is the only thing that keeps parents going, I reckon!!!

    Tough day. Good thing is, there is always tomorrow to improve!


I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails