Friday, December 14, 2007

Grandma & Maisie

PC13001011 We've been having a wonderful vacation thus far, beautiful weather and meeting up with so many old friends. The first day we arrived my Mom immediately took Maisie down to the beach as so many people were waiting to meet her. All of our beach friends knew about our adoption plans when we were researching agencies, then waited along with us in 2005, then last year when we were in China, read printouts of our blog posts each day as my Mother shared all our news of travels and having Maisie placed in our arms.

Maisie is having a blast on the beach and especially loves being with my parents. My Mom spends lots of time with her at the kiddie pool and when Maisie wants to see the "bubbles" (sea foam) my Mom sits with her at the water's edge. Maisie loves passing out kisses to my Mom and Dad and blowing kisses to many of our friends on the beach. She has quickly learned who has the best snacks and she knows batting her eyes, saying hi and blowing some kisses gets her lots of treats. She's managed to charm everyone she's come in contact with and I love hearing all the time, from everyone, just how adorable and cute she is and of course I can only agree.

Since we've arrived we've been having some really big waves but today the water was calm enough that Eammon and I finally took Maisie into the ocean. After a short time she became accustomed to to the feel of bobbing in the waves and over the course of the day, ended up spending a few hours in the water.

PC120004 Each night we've seen some really beautiful sunsets right from our balcony. Maisie, other than the first night, has gone down for her naps and to bed in her peapod easily and has slept well. My parents have been great about watching Maisie at night so that Eammon and I can go out to dinner with friends. Not that Eammon and I have gone out every night but tonight is my parent's first night out since we arrived a week ago. Eammon and I are having a quiet night, we brought in dinner, I did some laundry and I finally got the opportunity to blog while Eammon watches some movies.

Eammon and I did take Maisie out to dinner one night at Eammon's favorite restaurant, Iguana Joe's but it was too much for her after a full day on the beach and she just had no interest in being out, in a restaurant or being social so now she stays in and we go out. In addition to dinner at Iguana Joe's we also went to The Promenade with friends Barb and Joe and then last night we had a lovely romantic dinner at my favorite, Madame Janette. We're really looking forward to this coming week where we have a few other dinner engagements planned. Tomorrow, another rough day on the beach, ta for now.

Please forgive all my misspellings as my post is being spell checked in Dutch and I don't know how to get around that.

12 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos!
    Specially the first one with grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - the picture of Grandma and Maisie is just beautiful. Sounds like you are having an amazing trip. But we miss you here - so come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time you're having with your parents, friends and special time with hubby too. Perfect!

    I've seen those beautiful eyes batted and I know exactly why those people fall in love with your sweetie so quickly.

    Enjoy your vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you're having a great time! I love the picture of Maisie with her grandmother at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time. And I love the pic of Maisie and g-ma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ARRRRRRRUBA! I like the sound and looks of it a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE that pic of Maisie and Grandma!!! Totally precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great pic of Grandma and Maisie. Sounds like you are having a wonderful and relaxing time; enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the sweetest photo! What a beautiful place to be. Wish we were there. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds and looks like a gorgeous vacation indeed! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful vacation!! The beach picture is gorgeous. You will have so many great memories.
    Have fun!

    Alyson
    LID 01/27/06

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures !

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails