Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Keeping the Grandparents busy

My parents arrived last Saturday to spend Thanksgiving week with us and Maisie has been charming and entertaining them.

PB210002 Maisie is quite the little chef in her apron, hat and high heels, making coffee and toast for all in her kitchen.

Sunday morning Eammon took Maisie down to the Aquarium for her weekly dose of fish and by the time they returned home my parents and I were up and ready to spend the rest of the day with little Miss M. It was a beautiful day so playtime in Maisieland and bubbles galore entertained us all.

Monday morning we hosted our Library play group and then in the afternoon we ran a couple of errands and then played outside enjoying yet another beautiful afternoon.

Tuesday morning Maisie attended Mother's Morning Out and had a wonderful day as she now really enjoys being there and loves her teachers. While she was at school my Mom and I ran errand after errand until it was time to pick up Maisie. After Maisie's nap, my Mom and I took her to the playground where she was a little monkey hanging from all the rings and bars, walking the tightrope and going down the biggest slides.

PB210004 This morning we didn't have music class so we were able to go to The Playroom where for a full 75 minutes Maisie jumped on the trampolines and ran around like the Energizer bunny. I really thought that she would take a longer nap but an hour and fifteen minutes was all she gave me. During nap time and into the afternoon I started my Thanksgiving preparations and my parents entertained Maisie with blocks, puzzles, books, bubbles and more outside time on yet another glorious day. Unfortunately it was a rough afternoon for Maisie as she seemed to be feeling under the weather and her teeth were bothering her. I always try to do my best to not put her to bed much before 7:30PM but tonight she was in bed just after 6:30PM and sound asleep before 7PM. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her early bedtime doesn't cause her to wake earlier than her usual 6am wake up. I'm hopeful that Maisie is feeling better tomorrow and that she has a better day.

Tomorrow is our first Thanksgiving with Maisie and I'm so excited that she's finally home and part of our family. So many Thanksgivings that we dreamed of having her here and now she is, so much to be thankful for. Here's wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

  1. What a cute little chef! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable chef! Love the high heels. She's stylin'!

    I'm glad Maisie is able to introduce Grandma and Grandpa to all the fun times that she has each week.

    Happy Thanksgiving friend! So glad that you have Maisie home with you this year to celebrate in style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy thanksgiving to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy first Thanksgiving together!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I just love your little chef. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really cute! I love the apron and heels. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm sure you're shopping all day on Friday, right? Ha ha ha!!!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maisie is getting so big and her hair is really growing fast! Seems like it's been forever since I visited your blog. For some reason it dropped off of my bloglines list.

    We have that same pink kitchen (from Costco). First day out of the box, my girls ripped the doors off the hinges! If that happens to you, try drilling holes all the way through the hinges and run a little bolt through (with a nut cap, of course). We just went ahead and did the whole thing that way and now it's ready for my little Monkey girls!

    Thanksgiving dinner looked yummy, by the way!

    All the best!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails