Monday, September 26, 2011

Metro Retro 2011

Saturday Maisie competed at Metro Retro and as she always does at competitions, she had so much fun!  Overall she had a very good meet but like her last meet Cobb Kick Off, the beam wasn’t her best friend.

IMG_0708eAt this meet Maisie took one fall on the beam but just like her banner on the gym wall reads, she’s still my A-Maisie-ing Maisie!  Even with her fall on the beam Maisie still medaled in all four events and took Second Place All-Around.

I love watching Maisie compete but I swear that I don’t breathe the entire meet as I’m always so nervous for her.  Thankfully I’m the one with the nerves and Maisie just loves and enjoys it. 

Here are the obligatory hands in the air pictures and because this is my scrapbook for Maisie, a listing of her scores.

IMG_0742eFloor:  Second Place, 8.825  

IMG_0735eVault: First Place, 9.2

IMG_0737eBars: First Place, 9.375

IMG_0740eBeam: Third Place, 8.4 

IMG_0745e All-Around:  Second Place, 35.8

Great meet Maisie and all the North Metro USA Level 3 girls, you Rocked the House!

I mentioned in my previous post and on my Southwest Pasta Salad post on Cook Lisa Cook that I prepared all the food, breakfast, lunch, dinner and all the desserts for the visiting & home Coaches as well as the Judges for the gymnastics meet at Maisie’s gym on Saturday.  For the desserts I wanted all little pick-up cookies, pastries and bars so that it was neat, there wasn’t much waste and everyone could quickly grab a sweet treat or two between their sessions.  I did serve some of my “old” stand-by favorites like Oatmeal Coconut Raspberry Bars, Lemon Squares, Rolo Brownie Bites and Lime Jewels and I also added some wonderful new cookies to the mix including these little Walnut Roca Squares which were a real winning recipe.  I originally made these for us to enjoy a number of weeks ago and we loved them so much I had to make them again as I knew they’d be perfect for the meet and they were!  Click on the picture to be taken to the recipe.IMG_0456e

Plenty more wonderful recipes posted on Cook Lisa Cook including: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak, Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho, Red Chinese Long Beans with Peppers & Red Curry, 24-Layer Crêpe Cake Fig & Watermelon Salad, Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini, Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad, Grilled Prawns, Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon, Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies, Pesto Pita Pizza, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Nutella Crêpes, Mango, Lime & Chile Spiced Ice Box Pie, Roast Beef & Garlic Herb Cheese Sandwich, Layered Crespelle with Bolognese, Fresh Mozzarella & Basil, Jamaican Jerk Meat Pies, Nutella No Bake Cookies, Velvety Mac & Cheese, Welsh Cakes, Tom Yam Ghoong (Spicy Shrimp Soup), Lime Jewels & Southwest Pasta Salad.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I just love that banner! Congrats Maisie, you are "A-Maisie-ing!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoohoo Maisie!!! What a little champion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Maisie!!!!

    How did everyone like your food? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails