Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Maisie’s Fave, Velvety Mac & Cheese

A ways back I joined The Secret Recipe Club and have been having fun cooking recipes from the blogs which I’m assigned each month.  I have made some wonderful new recipes including Home Style Chicken Curry, some awesome Holy Guacamole and last month a delicious Cilantro Lime Chicken.  If one cooking club was good I thought two would be better so I joined Cook Around the Globe and for that group’s inaugural month I made Jamaican Jerk Meat Pies.  All this cooking has been great fun so when I was invited to join The Crazy Cooking Challenge, well I jumped right on that bandwagon too.  How could I pass up the opportunity to add yet another fun cooking challenge. 

The Crazy Cooking Challenge works a little differently than my other two groups in that each month everyone who is participating makes the same dish.  We don’t all use the same recipe though as we all go out into blogosphere trying to find a non-celebrity blogger who has what we think will be the ultimate of that recipe.  We then each make and post our chosen recipe and then everyone and anyone can vote on which recipe is the ultimate of that dish. 

This month the dish was Mac & Cheese and Maisie was one very happy little girl as she is a little Mac & Cheese connoisseur.IMG_0122eMaisie ate and ate and ate my Velvety Mac & Cheese day after day which is quite unusual for her but she just adored the recipe and couldn’t get enough. 

I too thought this recipe quite delicious and because of the combination of cheeses it was super creamy and cheesy, just what Mac & Cheese should be.  Click on the picture to be taken to the recipe and I hope that you’ll vote this Velvety Mac & Cheese as the ultimate Mac & Cheese recipe in this months Crazy Cooking Challenge.IMG_0109e

I think that I have some other pretty ultimate recipes posted over on Cook Lisa Cook so take a look around and make something delicious.  Recent recipes include: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak, Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho, Red Chinese Long Beans with Peppers & Red Curry, 24-Layer Crêpe Cake Fig & Watermelon Salad, Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini, Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad, Grilled Prawns, Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon, Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies, Pesto Pita Pizza, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Nutella Crêpes, Mango, Lime & Chile Spiced Ice Box Pie, Roast Beef & Garlic Herb Cheese Sandwich, Layered Crespelle with Bolognese, Fresh Mozzarella & Basil, Jamaican Jerk Meat Pies and Nutella No Bake Cookies.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never knew they had all these different cooking clubs. What a great activity. I'm going to check them out. Not sure if I cook well enough to join something like that, but it sounds fun.
    I do know that I WILL be making your Velvety Mac & Cheese very soon, though. We love Mac & Cheese around here.

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails