Sunday, September 01, 2013

Two weeks down

I have to say, Maisie's first two weeks of school wiped me out. Wow is it ever difficult to get back into the school routine after three months off. Maisie's loving school, being back with her classmates and she's especially loving being a fourth grader in Miss. Vicki's class. It's going to be a great year.

 

Maisie's done better than I in getting back into the groove but a week and a half in it caught up with her too, and she enjoyed a little power nap on the way to the gym.

 

Weekends for Maisie have been fun, play dates and time at the pool, trying to take advantage of the last of the warm summer days. I though have been busy finishing up our re-landscaping project and every time I say that I'm finished I see "just one more thing" that I want to do. Needless to say I've been remiss in taking pictures of both Maisie and the yard but hoping to do better with both.

 

Today we were going to venture up to Chattanooga and Rock City but the forecast wasn't promising so Maisie chose instead to go the aquarium where armed with an iPhone, she took a couple hundred pictures. My favorites though we're the ones which included her.

 

Oh yes, my hair bow shunning girl has now decided that headbands with big poofy flowers are de rigueur. With or without I think she looks adorable.

 

Maisie and I did do a bit of cooking together and made yet another batch of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats with Vanilla Coconut Frosting. She totally loves them, her new favorite treat. Click on the link to be taken to Cook Lisa Cook and the recipe.

Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails