Friday, July 19, 2013

Strong girl and giant practice

In the past five days Maisie has spent twenty five hours at her gym, it's her home away from home and I think her favorite place to be. If she could spend everyday there or even move in, I think she would. On Monday I saw a bit of her practice where she was working on forward rolls to press handstands. I'm always amazed by her strength and control.

 

I am also amazed by her speed and endurance. During the summer the optional girls begin their Friday morning practice with a mile and a half run. They run a route which takes them up and down hills, along gravel & main roads and then they finish with a final tour around the building. Other than Maisie, the girls are 11-18 years old and they run with an adult at the front of the pack and one at the rear so no one gets left behind. The first week that they ran I stayed at the gym waiting for their return because I was pretty sure that Maisie would return holding the hand of the adult bringing up the rear but to my surprise, Maisie was the fifth girl back out of about the 40 who ran. She was so proud of herself and honestly I was too. Each week since that first run Maisie has challenged herself to be at the front of the pack when running and she's met her challenge as she's always the fourth or fifth girl back. She did tell me that she'd be back faster if she didn't have to wait for one of the "big" girls to catch up with her so that she can cross the road to return to the gym. Yep, that's my rule. I told her that all the other girls are a head or more taller than her and drivers can see them easier, so she's good and waits for a partner to cross with her.

 

This afternoon I saw a bit of Maisie's practice where she was working on the strap bar practicing giants. Pretty soon she'll be flying around that bar on her own.

 

We have a lot of little lizards in our yard and I just had to snap a picture when this little one snuggled in with a beaded lizard I have on a post on our patio. It's like he found his mommy!

We had a good week and Maisie's looking forward to the weekend as she's going to be busy with play dates, I know she'll have good fun with her friends.

Yesterday was my Improv Cooking Challenge post day over on Cook Lisa Cook. It's month we were challenged to use the ingredients of peaches and herbs so using them I made some wonderful Peachy Cola Ribs which were fall off the bone tender deliciousness. Click on the link to be taken to Cook Lisa Cook and the recipe.

 

 

My previous Improv Cooking Challenge entries over on Cook Lisa Cook:

June 2013 Fish & Chips: Salt &Vinegar Crab Cakes
May 2013 Cinnamon & Sugar: Cinnamon Bun Cookie Bars
April 2013 Bacon & Eggs: Mini Bacon & Swiss Quiche Cups
March 2013 Carrots & Peas: Mom’s Beef Vegetable Soup
February 2013 Hearts & Flours: Three Ingredient Fudgy Nutella Brownie Bites
January 2013 Bananas & Nutmeg: Baked Bananas
December 2012 Chocolate & Marshmallows: White Chocolate Marshmallow Cranberry Cashew Bark
November 2012 Sweet Potatoes & honey: Sweet Potato Glass Noodles with Honey Garlic Lime Shrimp
October 2012 Oatmeal & Raisins: S’mores Granola Bars
September 2012 Zucchini & Brown Sugar: Zucchini with Onion & Brown Sugar
August 2012 Tomatoes & Peppers: French Fries Hash Browns
July 2012 Corn & Butter: Fritos Crusted Pollock
June 2012 Cherries & Almonds: Dried Cherry Almond Tart
May 2012 Strawberries & Cream: Strawberry Soup
April 2012 Peanut butter & Jelly: Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
March 2012 Potato & Cheese: Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole
February 2012 Ginger & Carrots: Shrimp & Avocado Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing
January 2012 Lemon & Sour Cream: Ponderosa Lemon & Sour Cream Tart
December 2011 Eggnog & Cranberries: Eggnog Popovers with Cranberry Butter
November 2011 Pumpkin & Cream Cheese: Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake
October 2011 Caramel & Apples: Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies

Enjoy!

 

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I just don't know how many times I can write "amazing Maisie," but my word, that child is made of something special! I am in awe of her on most of your posts!

    That tiny lizard with the beaded lizard is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails