Friday, July 29, 2011

Mock Meet

In preparation for competition season Maisie has a mock meet this afternoon at her gym.  The girls all need to have their hair pulled back into a bun as if they were at a real meet so that any potential hair problems can be worked out.  They won’t be wearing their competition leotards today but instead they’ll all wear their matching zebra leotards from team camp.  The meet will run just like an a real meet with the girls all receiving real scores. 

Maisie’s looking forward to this afternoon as she has a lot of fun being with her teammates and competing.  I said to Eammon this morning that for us, the most difficult part of any meet is getting Maisie’s hair done as I’m not good at doing it and she really doesn’t like having her hair up or especially having hair spray applied.

IMG_9318eTrying to get Maisie’s hair pulled back.

IMG_9321eIt’s pretty wonky as I’m so-not good at the hair thing but she’s still stinkin’ adorable and at least all the hair is pulled back so that it won’t be in her face. 

I may not be good at hair but I’m pretty good at cooking so if you want to see where my true talents are, check out Cook Lisa Cook and all the delicious recipes I have posted including these recent ones:  Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak & Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck Maisie and I love the hair! Those little bands are so handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she looks super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, the infamous hair challenges. I can vividly remember sitting on the 'throne' while dad put my hair in a bun for baton competitions more mornings than I can remember!

    Maisie is as cute as ever! Glad you found a solution to the bun wars that works for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails