Thursday, June 20, 2013

With my lack of posting you’d think that we did nothing in May

IMG_7198e2 I really can’t put my finger on why I have been so neglectful with this blog but considering that it took me a month and a half to post about our cruise, I certainly have become good at not posting.  I think I’ve also become “good” at not taking pictures with my good camera, opting instead for convenience and just using my iPhone.  I’m not happy with the iPhone pictures so I need to get better about pulling out and using my camera again.  By my lack of posing you’d think that we’ve had nothing going on but in reality we’ve been busy and between being busy and tired, I just haven’t had the time to sit down at the computer and write a post.  I’m trying to get caught up and be better about posting…we’ll see what happens! 

So what kept us so busy and tired in May? 

IMG_7128e2 We finished up our most recent transatlantic cruise and spent a few days touring around Barcelona before returning home. 

photo (3) Once back home we experienced major jetlag.  Maisie spent a few days barely making it to 10am before needing a nap but we did the best we could getting back into Maisie’s normal schedule.

photoe2 Maisie had her post-op appointment for her recent sinus surgery.  Things are looking really good and this surgery produced a huge improvement in her congestion problems.  Hopefully her sinus issues are a thing of the past and no more surgeries for my girl!

photo (2) As the weather turned gorgeous here in Georgia, spending evenings outside hanging out with neighbors K & A became the norm again.

photo8e12 After our return home, Maisie had two weeks left of third grade.  She had a fantastic year and was sad to see it end and will miss her friends over the summer but she’s extremely excited to now be a rising 4th grader.

971648_10200743546864914_1174038146_n Maisie attended her friend Alyssa’s 8th birthday party.  The party was a sleepover but Maisie planned to only stay until 10PM. (photo from Alyssa’s Mom)

Maisie and BraydenAs the evening got late and Maisie’s not one to slow down, when the girls decided to watch a movie, Maisie instead chose to challenge Alyssa’s older brother to a game of chess.  (photo from Alyssa’s Mom)

photo (1) Maisie and I met up with Judy and “my” Nathaniel for dim sum one Sunday morning.  I can’t believe how big he’s gotten!

photoMaisie returned to and continues her morning gymnastics practices.  The girls have fun together and sometimes just get silly. 

935247_10151687475456663_219763102_nMaisie lost her third tooth, eleven months after losing her first tooth

432075_10151693555701663_1410272644_n Maisie and I enjoyed many nice days and evenings biking along the Chattahoochee. 

photo (4) And Maisie became addicted to slushies.  I guess after 4 – 6 hours of conditioning and training in a warm gym, a nice icy cold drink is greatly appreciated. 

Maisie had a few other play dates and activities in the mix but sadly no pictures, bad Mama!  All-in-all Maisie had a fun and good month of May. 

Today is my Improv Cooking Challenge reveal day over on Cook Lisa Cook and the two required ingredients for this month’s challenge are fish & chips.  For the challenge I decided to make some very easy and tasty Salt & Vinegar Chip Crab Cakes which were a huge success with all of us, so the recipe’s a keeper!!    Click on the link or the picture to be taken to Cook Lisa Cook and the recipe.

IMG_7281e

More Improv Cooking Challenge recipes available on Cook Lisa Cook:

May 2013  Cinnamon & SugarCinnamon Bun Cookie Bars  
April 2013  Bacon & Eggs:  Mini Bacon & Swiss Quiche Cups 
March 2013  Carrots & Peas:  Mom’s Beef Vegetable Soup 
February 2013  Hearts & Flours:  Three Ingredient Fudgy Nutella Brownie Bites
January 2013  Bananas & Nutmeg:  Baked Bananas 
December 2012  Chocolate & Marshmallows:  White Chocolate Marshmallow Cranberry Cashew Bark    
November 2012  Sweet Potatoes & honey: Sweet Potato Glass Noodles with Honey Garlic Lime Shrimp 
October 2012  Oatmeal & RaisinsS’mores Granola Bars   
September 2012  Zucchini & Brown Sugar:  Zucchini with Onion & Brown Sugar 
August 2012  Tomatoes & Peppers:  French Fries Hash Browns 
July 2012  Corn & Butter:  Fritos Crusted Pollock 
June 2012  Cherries & Almonds:  Dried Cherry Almond Tart 
May 2012  Strawberries & Cream:  Strawberry Soup 
April 2012  Peanut butter & Jelly:  Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars 
March 2012  Potato & Cheese:  Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole 
February 2012  Ginger & Carrots:  Shrimp & Avocado Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing 
January 2012 Lemon & Sour Cream:  Ponderosa Lemon & Sour Cream Tart 
December 2011 Eggnog & Cranberries:  Eggnog Popovers with Cranberry Butter 
November 2011 Pumpkin & Cream Cheese:  Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake
October 2011 Caramel & Apples:  Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy! So very glad to hear that Maisie's last prodecure is givingher sinus relief. Maybe it last forever!

    Envious of your bike rides with your girl. I would love to do that with my girls some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Sounds so great there
    Bspector@rogers.blackberry.net

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails