Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween through the years

I saw that Lisa did a post of Briana’s Halloween costumes through the years and I thought, what a great idea and I should do the same look back at Maisie’s costumes.  By doing so I realized that I am a total looser Mom when it comes to Halloween and costumes.  To prove this point, here are the pictures.

Year:  2007

 

Yep, see that big blank space above, well that’s because we did NOTHING!  No cute little baby costume, no trick or treating, we just turned off the lights, got in bed early and totally ignored the holiday.

Year:  2008

I did a little better this year as we actually had the cutest little giraffe costume for Maisie .IMG_4014[3]Isn’t she the most adorable little giraffe?  Well it’s good that I got this picture because come Halloween…

IMG_4412[3]My poor little girl wasn’t feeling all that well and had no interest in dressing up or even participating in the holiday.

Year:  2009

Yep, total loser Mom again as I didn’t take even one stinking picture.  I can tell you that Maisie went trick or treating dressed as a gymnast but which leotard she wore…if I had a picture I’d remember….LOSER Mom!!

Year:  2010

This year I tried to make up for all my shortcomings from years past when it came to Halloween so not only did I get Maisie dressed up but I dressed up too!IMG_3526[2]I was really trying and given the fact that I allowed this picture to be taken AND I actually posted it…well that’s worth some brownie points…right??

Year:  2011

This year I had three costumes available for my sweetie girl.

IMG_1587eHarujuku Cutie

IMG_1593eFrench Princess and

IMG_1585ea Dark Empress ball gown with Maisie giving me her dark look. 

So which did she choose for trick or treating tonight? 

IMG_1960eFrench Princess Maisie doing her curtsey.  It was chilly tonight so her costume was layered over tights & leggings on the bottom and a fleece & long sleeved shirt on top. 

photo e Maisie had fun running around trick or treating with some of the neighbors.

photo (1)e Every time she got a really good candy she had to run and show me.  Maisie had good fun but by 7PM she was done and asking to go home.  My little sweetie ate one candy and was sound asleep by 7:30. 

In the spirit of Halloween (see, I’m trying) for dinner tonight I made Mummy Hotdogs for Maisie and Eammon and they both really enjoyed them.  IMG_1916e Maisie especially enjoyed biting off the Mummy’s head and dipping it in ketchup blood…YUM!  Click on the Mummy Hotdog picture above to be taken to the recipe. IMG_1955eOther recent recipes posted on Cook Lisa Cook include: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak, Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho, Red Chinese Long Beans with Peppers & Red Curry, 24-Layer Crêpe Cake Fig & Watermelon Salad, Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini, Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad, Grilled Prawns, Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon, Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies, Pesto Pita Pizza, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Nutella Crêpes, Mango, Lime & Chile Spiced Ice Box Pie, Roast Beef & Garlic Herb Cheese Sandwich, Layered Crespelle with Bolognese, Fresh Mozzarella & Basil, Jamaican Jerk Meat Pies, Nutella No Bake Cookies, Velvety Mac & Cheese, Welsh Cakes, Tom Yam Ghoong (Spicy Shrimp Soup), Lime Jewels, Southwest Pasta Salad, Walnut Roca Squares, Uncle Bubba’s Shrimp & Grits, Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps, Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, Copycat “KFC” Coleslaw, Happy 6th Birthday Maisie Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies, Thin Mint Irish Coffee, Caramel Apples, “Rotisserie” Chicken and Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwich.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Heh! This post just made me giggle. IMHO, if you have to skip a holiday Halloween is the one to skip.

    Fun pics of you girlie running through the neighbourhood. I like that the kids go out while it's still light out. Here they wait until dark which meant each of our eager trick or treaters took at least one stumble.

    The mummy dogs are a fun treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a loser at all! You do tons of awesome stuff. A bit of slack on Halloween is fine.

    Cute costumes and fun times!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think three costumes this year totally made up for the other years! LOL!

    Maisie always looks so darn cute. I loved her in the giraffe costume!

    Glad she had a fun Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:51 PM

    Those hot dogs look awesome. What a great idea...

    Ilene

    P. S. Also love the giraffe costume. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You happen to be one of the most inspiring moms I know! So you missed a few Halloween pictures? You're human.

    I do love those shots of Maisie in her pretty princess dress racing over the lawns for treats. Glad to hear it was a good Halloween (with pictures even!).

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails