Monday, October 17, 2011

Birthday girl Maisie~ six years old

No way is my little Maisie Miao Miao six years old.  I know that each year I say the same thing, that it seems like just a short time ago when we saw her cue ball cutie face for the first time and she was just a scared little 14 month old being placed in our arms.  Each year I also say that I can’t believe how grown up and mature she looks.

IMG_1271e

Maisie’s now a big six year old, a second grader and already almost finished with her second year of competitive gymnastics.  I just want to cry as the time is passing much faster than I’d like and though I love seeing all that she experiences, does, accomplishes and who she’s becoming I wish I could just slow it down and keep her small a little longer.  Maisie is the best daughter I could have ever have asked for.  She’s kind, loveable, feisty, smart, talented, athletic, motivated, independent, self assured, opinionated, demanding, an all around great child and the light of my life.  I look forward to every day with her, experiencing life with her and I look forward to seeing what her future holds…but not too quickly mind you.

Happy Birthday my sweet little Maisie Miao Miao, I love you more and more each and every day.

Here’s my sweet little Maisie on her birthday through the years.

IMG_1265e2 2011~ Maisie 6 years old today.

October2010 ~ Maisie 5 years old.

IMG_7324b2009 ~ Maisie 4 years old.

IMG_3993x2008 ~ Maisie 3 years old.

PA17000712007 ~ Maisie 2 years old.

MaisieWave.12006 ~ Our second picture of our sweet little Maisie Miao Miao.  Waving to us and waiting for us to come and get her.

Maisie referral2006 ~ Our first picture of our cue ball cutie.  (she’s probably about 7 months old)

Since I don’t have a picture of my sweet Maisie from her first birthday I figured that I’d post a recipe that I posted during that month and my choice was Cioppino…well my easy version of it at least.  Click on the link or the picture to be taken to the recipe.

cioppino

Other recent recipes posted on Cook Lisa Cook: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak, Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho, Red Chinese Long Beans with Peppers & Red Curry, 24-Layer Crêpe Cake, Fig & Watermelon Salad, Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini, Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad, Grilled Prawns, Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon, Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies, Pesto Pita Pizza, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Nutella Crêpes, Mango, Lime & Chile Spiced Ice Box Pie, Roast Beef & Garlic Herb Cheese Sandwich, Layered Crespelle with Bolognese, Fresh Mozzarella & Basil, Jamaican Jerk Meat Pies, Nutella No Bake Cookies, Velvety Mac & Cheese, Welsh Cakes, Tom Yam Ghoong (Spicy Shrimp Soup), Lime Jewels, Southwest Pasta Salad, Walnut Roca Squares, Uncle Bubba’s Shrimp & Grits, Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps, Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, Copycat “KFC” Coleslaw and  Happy 6th Birthday Maisie Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Maisie! Sending you love, kisses and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday!! She does look so grown up!

    Alyzabeth's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth can we have six year olds already? Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 6th Birthday Maisie! I was looking back at old posts today of the first time I met you when you were a month shy of your 2nd birthday. So little and just as cute now as then! Heh...I remember when our backs were turned and you found a bottle of soda and decided to try it out! :o)

    Hope you have the very best birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Maisie! All her pics are darling (although I just love the one at age two). Lisa, you certainly got blessed with one very special little girl.

    I just made cioppino last night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Maisie! How you have grown! Now- slow down on all that growing up business...

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails