Sunday, October 09, 2011

A-Maisie-ing Maisie Rocked the Wilderness!

Maisie had her first travel meet this weekend.  Freedom Fest Gymnastics Invitational up in Sevierville, Tennessee at Wilderness at the Smokies.  I will say that I didn’t have high hopes for her for the competition as she spent most of the day running around the indoor water park or playing in the outdoor hot tub AND then her competition time was in the evening at-and-after her usual bed time.  Well I guess I should have had more faith in my girl as she had her best meet ever!  It was also her biggest meet as far as her level with forty-seven USA Level 3 gymnasts from six different gyms competing.

IMG_0928eAfter the meet Maisie asked if I would take a picture of her on the podium so of course I said yes.

I am super proud of my girl because at her last two meets the beam has been her nemesis and she’s taken a few falls.  This meet she was still super cautious and a bit tentative, but she completed her routine without a spill so hopefully that will give her more confidence at future meets.

The video is, as always, a bit shaky but I love watching my girl.  Her vault at the very beginning of the video is from quite a distance and quick so it’s easy to miss so if you’re interested, watch carefully.

Obligatory hands in the air pictures and scores:

IMG_0912eVault:  Second Place, 9.325

IMG_0915eBars:  First Place, 9.475

IMG_0917e Beam:  Fourth Place, 8.8

IMG_0918eFloor:  Second Place, 9.125

IMG_0920eAll Around:  First Place,  36.725

My favorite part of the meet was in the shuttle bus back to our room after the meet when Maisie told me how proud she was of herself and how much fun she had competing.  I’m always proud of my girl and just beyond thrilled that she’s proud of herself and her accomplishments and loves what she does.

Tomorrow morning my new Secret Recipe Club recipe will be posting over on Cook Lisa Cook but because it’s a secret I can’t let you know what sweet winning recipe we enjoyed this month until then so please take a look tomorrow morning because the recipe was fabu and you will want to make it too!  While we were away Maisie asked if we could make some Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon this week so you know what we’ll be making and enjoying.  Click on the picture to be taken to the crack, I mean bacon recipe.IMG_9701e2

Other recent recipes posted on Cook Lisa Cook: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak, Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho, Red Chinese Long Beans with Peppers & Red Curry, 24-Layer Crêpe Cake Fig & Watermelon Salad, Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini, Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad, Grilled Prawns, Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon, Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies, Pesto Pita Pizza, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Nutella Crêpes, Mango, Lime & Chile Spiced Ice Box Pie, Roast Beef & Garlic Herb Cheese Sandwich, Layered Crespelle with Bolognese, Fresh Mozzarella & Basil, Jamaican Jerk Meat Pies, Nutella No Bake Cookies, Velvety Mac & Cheese, Welsh Cakes, Tom Yam Ghoong (Spicy Shrimp Soup), Lime Jewels, Southwest Pasta Salad, Walnut Roca Squares, Uncle Bubba’s Shrimp & Grits & Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. It fun to watch Maisie perform. She did great! So glad that she loves performing so much.
    Looking forward to seeing the secret recipe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:52 AM

    Hi, Lisa. That is so awesome! Can't wait to see you next week.
    Ilene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo Maisie!!! Three cheers from Canada!! You rocked! Hannah and I had such fun watching your competition video. We look forward to your mom publishing these so we get to enjoy your awesome gymnastics too.

    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome. Way to go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness! Maisie, you're a FANTASTIC gymnast. I'm so impressed!!

    Congratulations on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Maisie! She totally rocked it! It was good meeting you guys. Hopefully we can get together soon and maybe a little earlier :). I'm working on my blog. I've been a little slow getting back in the groove.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, I don't know how you sit through those things! I got emotional watching her and she's not even my kid. LOL! She makes everything look so beautiful and easy. What a little super star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so AWESOME at gymnastics! You must be one proud mama. Love Stephe & Giorgia

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails