Sunday, October 02, 2011

Cruisin’

Life recently has been hectic, busy and crazy so Eammon, Maisie and I decided we needed a break and a getaway.  So, this past week the three of us escaped on a little five day cruise.  It was exactly what we needed no computer, television, responsibilities or schedules just five days of sun, relaxation and fun.

I wanted no responsibility this past week, not even that of a camera but I did take my nightly picture of Maisie with her towel animal/creation.

IMG_0772eIMG_0777eIMG_0784eIMG_0788eIMG_0839eMaisie enjoyed getting dressed up pretty each night for dinner and loved being a little Princess!  Funny too how everyone on the ship knew her name, “Princess.”

I mentioned in my She Loves It post that I’d be enjoying a “cooking-free” week and now you know why.  I thoroughly enjoyed not cooking, cleaning up or having the responsibility for feeding any one else all week long… oh and I especially loved not even having to make a bed but still coming back to a clean room every time I walked in the door.  I do love cruises!  As always with cruises it was food overload so I am glad to be back home and I’m looking forward to a bit of detoxing from all the sugar and excess and enjoying all the delicious and healthier food that I’ll be making this week.  Maisie’s looking forward to seeing her friends, classmates & teammates as well as returning to school and gymnastics and her regular routine. 

If you sent an email or called this week, please be patient as I have to sort through almost 1,000 emails but I will be in touch.

Because I didn’t cook anything new this week here’s a little food p0rn from the past.  Okay the very recent past…but these little gems are so delicious and easy to make and I lay odds that you have all the ingredients in your home right now to make these…do it, these Walnut Roca Squares are wonderful!  Click on the picture to be taken to the recipe.IMG_0456e[1]

Other recent recipes posted on Cook Lisa Cook: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak, Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho, Red Chinese Long Beans with Peppers & Red Curry, 24-Layer Crêpe Cake Fig & Watermelon Salad, Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini, Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad, Grilled Prawns, Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon, Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies, Pesto Pita Pizza, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Nutella Crêpes, Mango, Lime & Chile Spiced Ice Box Pie, Roast Beef & Garlic Herb Cheese Sandwich, Layered Crespelle with Bolognese, Fresh Mozzarella & Basil, Jamaican Jerk Meat Pies, Nutella No Bake Cookies, Velvety Mac & Cheese, Welsh Cakes, Tom Yam Ghoong (Spicy Shrimp Soup), Lime Jewels and Southwest Pasta Salad.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I am so jealous. I need a break too. As you mentioned in my "what dumb thing have you done lately" give-a-way, I have been putting too many things in the wrong spot or I haven't even been able to find anything at all. That definately means break time!!!!!

    Love Maise's fantastic outfits! Man, she looked fabulous. Glad you had a great time. Glad you are back safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had the perfect break relaxing and being taken care of. Maisie and her towels are always adorable! I'm confused on your timing, though... I don't see a five day break between posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nightly photos of Maisie! What a cutie, and congrats on a fun little get-away. I totally understand needing some time away for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, I scheduled the posts before I went away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific pics of Maisie! I'm so glad that you had a nice break. I need one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you all had such a good time! Love Maisie's dress - it makes her look so grown up!

    Mmmm, that shrimp and grits dish looks delectable!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails