Monday, October 03, 2011

A few more cruise pics

In addition to the nightly Maisie and her towel animal/creation pictures I did one night pull my camera out to take a few other shots.   For our dinners we were seated with a nice couple from Alabama and their son “J”.  It was a good dinner pairing and we all enjoyed our time together.  Most mornings by lucky chance we ended up meeting and enjoying breakfast together too.  On our second to last night they invited us to join with them after dinner to hang out and enjoy some wine that they brought along.  We ended up in one of the clubs where we “enjoyed” some very interesting Karaoke.  Maisie and “J” were very cute together and decided that they didn’t want to sit with the adults so they ventured off to their own private booth.  We had to keep an eye on “J” though as he liked our little Maisie and went in for a few hugs and kisses. 

IMG_0789eMaisie looking oh-so grown up.  When did this happen??

IMG_0803e"J” and Maisie enjoying the singers.

IMG_0815e“J” trying to give Maisie a kiss.

IMG_0800eMaisie fending off another kiss from “J”

IMG_0819eMy gorgeous girl.

IMG_0827eOf course no day is complete without a some gymnastics…even in a night club.

IMG_0824eMaisie found the back of the sofa an ideal place to sit in her most “comfortable” position.

IMG_0833eOkay, splitting beyond 180 degrees…it’s just not right but Maisie makes it look so easy.

That’s it for cruise pictures, as I said I wanted no responsibility, not even that of a camera.  Our cruise was a short one, only five nights and the ship only visited Key West and Nassau.  Eammon, Maisie and I walked around Key West a bit but Maisie wanted nothing more than to play in the pool so Eammon took her back to the ship where they enjoyed having the pool almost completely to themselves and I enjoyed strolling around Key West doing a bit of shopping on my own.  In Nassau we all chose to stay onboard and we lounged together at what turned out to be our private pool.  It was fun and relaxing and just what we needed.

Our vacation wasn’t completely without problems though but thankfully they were at the end.  I blame the problem on Eammon jinxing us.  Disembarking from the ship went smoothly and we were quickly in our car ready to head home.  Eammon spoke what he was thinking… “not too bad, we’re off the ship and ready to head home and it’s only 10am.”  Yeah….  I started the car up and noticed a low tire pressure light and I’m telling you every.single.time that darn light has come on, which is at least once a month, I have a stinking nail or screw in my tire.  So I called AAA and they arrived quickly and sure enough I had not one but three screws and nails in one tire and because of where they were, the tire couldn’t be repaired.  So they put on the spare but because we couldn’t drive almost 400 miles on the highway with a doughnut, we headed half a mile down the road to get a replacement tire.  The shop didn’t have the correct sized tire in stock but they were able to get one pretty quickly and by 1PM we were finally on our way heading home…sort of. 

One thing funny did happen while we were having the tire repaired.  Maisie and Eammon were hungry and right in front of the tire shop was a McDonald’s so we walked over and on the way Eammon asked Maisie if she’d like a hamburger.  Maisie then asked us if McDonald’s would have hamburgers…because at almost six years old we’ve sheltered her and she honestly didn’t know what the restaurant served.  I haven’t been to a McD’s in probably decades and I took one bite of Maisie’s burger and couldn’t even swallow it and I remember why we don’t eat there.  Maisie too was quite unimpressed and I don’t see her asking to return any time soon.

Since we got a later than we expected start we were no longer on a schedule and didn’t have to be back home at a specific time so we decided to drive back home via Savannah as we’ve never been there.  It really was about the same time and distance going up our usual route 75 or going route 95 via Savannah so we figured we’d be a bit adventurous.  We didn’t have a lot of time to spend there but we looked around a bit and then decided to have dinner at Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House before finally heading home. 

photo eDinner was really delicious and the place was fun with good live music playing.  We had a wonderful meal, Maisie enjoyed the kids fish fingers which were some of the best fish & chips I’ve ever had.  Eammon’s meal was blackened scallops which were cooked to perfection and I decided to order the Shrimp & Grits.  Let me say, I am a northerner who has never acquired a taste for grits but I had heard such wonderful reviews of this dish, I just had to give it a try.  I am so glad that I did as it was off the charts wonderful but I don’t even want to venture how many fat calories were in my meal but it was worth every.single.one!  The dish was so rich I ended up bringing most of it home and I ate some for a late night snack and finished the rest cold for breakfast…and it was just as wonderful.

I had to look the recipe up and as luck would have it, it’s the featured recipe on Uncle Bubba’s website so I posted it over on Cook Lisa Cook.  Just click on the picture of my meal and you too could be enjoying this delicious dish.   photo (2) e

While checking out the Shrimp & Grits please also take a look at some of my recent recipes posted on Cook Lisa Cook including: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak, Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho, Red Chinese Long Beans with Peppers & Red Curry, 24-Layer Crêpe Cake Fig & Watermelon Salad, Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini, Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad, Grilled Prawns, Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon, Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies, Pesto Pita Pizza, Cilantro Lime Chicken, Nutella Crêpes, Mango, Lime & Chile Spiced Ice Box Pie, Roast Beef & Garlic Herb Cheese Sandwich, Layered Crespelle with Bolognese, Fresh Mozzarella & Basil, Jamaican Jerk Meat Pies, Nutella No Bake Cookies, Velvety Mac & Cheese, Welsh Cakes, Tom Yam Ghoong (Spicy Shrimp Soup), Lime Jewels, Southwest Pasta Salad and Walnut Roca Squares.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Well, your Shrimp and Grits does look very good. And I've never been able to eat grits even though I grew up in Louisiana! Sorry for the car issues on the way home - no fun - but glad that you got over to Savannah. I loved Savannah when I visited many years ago.
    Maisie and J look adorable together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'm not certain Maisie looked like she minded those attempted kisses. LOL!

    What bad luck with the tire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! I have a feeling this boy is not the last one that you all will be fending off. What a gorgeous girl.

    The splits on the back of the lounge chair put me into giggles!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails