Sunday, August 14, 2011

Middle of the night dining at the diner

Two weeks ago Eammon, Maisie and I had dinner at the Diner with Ilene, Michael & April and Maisie couldn’t believe when we told her that the Diner was open even in the middle of the night.  Since then she has been asking to go back but in the middle of the night.  We decided that last night was the night to do it as a treat before school starts on Monday.   Maisie went to bed at 7PM and then we woke her late in the night (10PM) and headed out to the Diner.

My HipstaPrint 5I was playing around with my Hipstamatic for iPhone, isn’t it fun!

My HipstaPrint 1 (1)Yesterday morning at TOPs practice Maisie was able to do two complete press handstands which I thought was a big thing so I wanted to give her a reward for doing so well.  When I asked what she would like she said that she wanted feathers in her team colors.  As luck would have it the little salon which does the feathers was on our way home from the gym and they were empty.  Ten minutes at the salon and Maisie was sporting her team colors, ready and perfect for her first meet of the year coming this Saturday!!

photo (5)My cutie girl Maisie loves her pasta.

If you can’t make it out to the diner in the middle of the night but still want something delicious and super easy to make, check out my newest post over on Cook Lisa Cook for Pesto Pita Pizza.   Not all the pizzas had pesto but they were all delicious pita pizzas and here’s a bit of food p0rn to temp you.

IMG_9617ePita topped with pesto, a variety of fresh from our garden tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.

IMG_9622ePita topped with pesto, a variety of fresh from our garden tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and mini pepperoni slices.

IMG_9625ePita pizza topped with tomato sauce, fresh from the garden sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, mini pepperoni slices and bacon bits.

If Pita Pizza doesn’t float your boat, check out some of my other recent recipes posted on Cook Lisa Cook including: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic, Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad, Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak, Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho, Red Chinese Long Beans with Peppers & Red Curry, 24-Layer Crêpe Cake Fig & Watermelon Salad, Grilled Chèvre & Fig Panini, Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad, Grilled Prawns, Spicy Brown Sugar Bacon and Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you guys just kill me - going out to eat at ten PM! I hope Maisie liked her treat. Pretty feather!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails