Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Super fabulous days

I've received numerous emails and calls asking about how things are going with Maisie and school. So far its been great and for each of the past three days when I've picked Maisie up she's been over the top excited about her day, extremely animated and like a teenager talking a mile a minute telling me everything that she did, what happened and telling me that school was fabulous and she had a great time and can't wait to go back. The first day I was so happy for her that she had such a great day, I cried.

Monday afternoon Maisie returned to her tap & ballet class and had a blast with all the other little girls. Tuesday afternoon was gymnastics and today Maisie actually took a nap for an hour, woohoo!! We are back in the zone after our two weeks of together time play and we're loving it!

Thank you to everyone for all the good wishes for Maisie's school year and the concerns too. It is true that Maisie is quite young to be in kindergarten but our decision to have her start early wasn't taken lightly, made on a whim or without a lot of evaluation, testing, deliberation, thought and discussion. In some states she'd be eligible to enter kindergarten next year but in Georgia children must be five by Sept 1 to enter kindergarten in the public school system so with her October birthday, Maisie couldn't start until the 2011/12 school year. Maisie was accepted to start kindergarten at a few local private schools and we think that the school we chose will be the best fit for her as it's a small school with very small classes and in the past has had students start at Maisie's age and they've thrived and excelled. Three days in and Maisie's loving it, she's engaged, stimulated and extremely happy. We think and hope that this will be the right environment for her and will of course monitor not only her academic progress but her social, emotional and personal progress and well being.

7 comments:

  1. She is so cute with her classmates! Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:32 PM

    Go Maisie!!!!

    Ilene, Michael and April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it's going well. She is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear she is loving it! She is so cute and confident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, I was logged in as my son and didn't notice....plumptom is me, Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope she has a wonderful time! How exciting for her. She looks so very happy...

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails