Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Look Ma, I can sew!

As many of you have read, In seventh grade, I failed HomeEc. For all the years since then, I have proudly proclaimed; I do not sew. I decided though, I wanted to try and make the top for our daughter's 100 Good Wishes Quilt. So, I took the plunge and signed up for the patchwork made simple 1 class at Little Quilts, a local quilting store. For 3 hours yesterday, I learned how to cut fabric, use a sewing machine and even how to iron. (I neither sew nor iron! What kind of mother will I be?) The instructor had patience beyond compare, because look what I was able to accomplish, I have one block of a quilt ready to be sewn together!

The fabric in this quilt is "practice" fabric, NOT the fabric that has been sent to me along with wishes for the 100 Good Wishes Quilt. Now for homework, I have to make more of these pieces so that during the next class, I can learn how to sew the blocks together.

I am still collecting fabric for our daughter's 100 Good Wishes Quilt. If you would like to contribute a fabric block and a wish, please let me know.

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome, Great fabrics, too!!

    I've signed up for a beginning quilting class in August, it's two Saturday mornings...did you meet any cool people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I was just looking at your quilt store class schedule and I want to MOVE there! So many great classes...how fun is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meily,

    I am quite pleased with what I was able to accomplish, especially in only one class. I too am concerned as to whether or not, I will be able to complete the quilt. If I am unable to complete it, I have options. First, is to pay a professional quilter to make it for me. Or, I can save it, and when our daughter is old enough, it can be a project that we can work on together. I think that if it turns into a project that we do together, that too would make it very special. I know that I will at least, be able to complete the wish book on my own!

    Stacey,

    There were only 3 students in the class, which was wonderful because of all the personal attention each of us received. Both of the other ladies were nice, but unfortunately I didn't speak to them too much. Sunday night I started feeling ill, and by Monday morning, I had strep throat, Thus, I just tried to get through the class and keep my distance from everyone. Now after a few doses of antibiotics, I am doing much better and should be more social next class...providing they didn't get sick and hate me for it!

    Lisa~~

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails