Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The bunny garden

IMG_6609The bunny cupcakes that Maisie and I baked yesterday are decorated and ready for Maisie’s class party tomorrow.  I hope all the children love them.

I’ve received a few questions about the silk dyed Easter eggs that we made.  Questions regarding how I store them and long they will last.  Let me start off by saying that we are not, nor were we ever going to eat these eggs because the dyes in the silk are not food safe and I wouldn’t take any chances with it leaching through the shell in any way.  So that being said, I have kept the eggs in a vase on my kitchen counter since we made them almost two weeks ago and they are fine, no odor, they’re exactly how they were the day we made them.  I have read that the eggs, as long as the shell is completely intact, can last years as the insides of the egg will sort of petrify.  I don’t know this to be true from experience but I’m thinking that after Easter I may pop the eggs into an egg carton and store them in our extra refrigerator and see how they do.  If I do decide to keep them, I’ll let everyone know how they fare. 

SpringFling[10]

My twentieth post, two-thirds of the way done in my quest to post 30 days in a row as I’m participating in M3’s Spring Fling! 30 posts in 30 days and I’m still going strong!  If you have any suggestions or ideas on blog topics or things you’d like to know, please leave them in the comments or shoot me an email.  Thank you for following along with Moments with Maisie and we love all the comments.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those cupcakes are ADORABLE. I cannot imagine one child saying, "Eh, I don't like this." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne7:22 PM

    I made the easter eggs with my grandaughter and they are fantastic and we have received so many compliments. Thank you for sharing the know how. I`ll try and keep them and see what happens, they are far too pretty to throw away unless you really have to. Happy Easter to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those -- LOVE!!!!! Can you pop about two dozen in the mail to arrive here by Sunday? Hee.

    I think hardboiled eggs keep forever if you don't break the shells. I used to send decorated eggs to my Aunt Esther in Pennsylvania, and after she died we found them all in egg cups in her china cabinet. We were shocked (and tickled). The just rattled a little when we shook them, so they must have dried up inside over the decades that they sat there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes are so adorable! You are so creative. :D

    (Thanks for the tip on curling Bri's hair. I need to try it!)

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails