Friday, February 08, 2008

Oy, what a week

Monday morning Maisie awoke fever free but still wasn't quite herself. She had her usual runny nose but no fever, cough or anything specific. We decided to go and play with our library play group friends and she did well and enjoyed herself. Interestingly one of the little boys had something similar the prior weekend, high fever for 24-36 hours and then it was gone with no other symptoms. He though cut some teeth directly after the fever but Maisie is still waiting on her final two 2-year molars. After play group we returned home and she went down for a longer than usual nap and even went to bed earlier than usual that night.

Though a special day, Tuesday was not a day filled with celebrations nor lots of activities as Maisie was still not feeling great. Even though she went to bed earlier than usual Monday night, she slept in until almost 7:30am which is so unusual for her. She had no fever and I figured after a good nights rest she was probably feeling better so I took her to Mother's Morning Out and she had a good morning there. Once home she went down for another longer than usual nap but when she awoke she was absolutely miserable; tantrums, screaming and doing her best to recreate the head spinning scenes from The Exorcist. She was just so-not-herself, I called her doc but as it was late, they couldn't fit her in. I decided to bring her down to the walk-in urgent care office where they checked her over, ran a strep test and looked in her ears but found nothing. I mentioned that I thought I might have a sinus infection and asked if she could have one too. They thought it a possibility and suggested that I keep her hydrated, give her some decongestants and ibuprofen and said that if she stopped drinking and peeing, take her to the hospital...great! Once back home Maisie just wanted a bath so I got her in the tub for a nice long bath and then once again she went to bed early.

Wednesday morning we had to get up early as I had an appointment to get new tires for my car. Deb was kind enough to meet us at the tire place so that we wouldn't have to hang out doing nothing for a couple of hours. Maisie was still dragging and I just wasn't in the mood to go to music class as she was super clingy and I knew she would be miserable. As it worked out, we had tornado warnings so we stayed at Deb's house until it was really too late to go to class and once I picked up my car we just returned home. Maisie actually fell asleep in Deb's car during the quick drive to the tire place so I though once home doing an activity would help perk her up and make her feel better, so we made brownies together and she had a lot of fun doing it.

P2060002.JPG_Thumbnail1 aReady to bake.

adding flourAdding the flour.

P2060007.JPG_Thumbnail1Look it’s almost mixed.

Im good at thisI’m good at this.



Homemade brownies are worth the workHomemade brownies are worth the work.

Once the brownies went in the oven I laid Maisie down for her nap and then Theresa came over and visited. We were able to have a nice long chat together which was nice because we haven't had time together in ages. Also while Maisie napped, all of this was delivered! I must be crazy going from only using this, especially not knowing anything about photography. Maisie is so fast, I miss so many good shots and Deb promises that it's easy and is willing to teach me so I'm game for something new. Before I knew it, Maisie had been napping for three hours, another long nap!! She woke up in a decent mood so a couple of friends came over to play for a bit but after about 2 hours of play, Maisie only wanted a bath so she sort of chased her friends out of the house and into the bath she went. Another early night for my little girl.

Thursday she slept in again, not waking until 7:15. She was again dragging but said she wanted to go to school so I took her. After dropping her off though I decided that we both should probably go see our doctors before the weekend so I made appointments for both of us for Friday. When I returned to pick Maisie up, she was snuggled in her teacher's arms and just looked exhausted. They told me that she had fallen asleep for about 10 minutes during class and this is something she has never done, other than her bed and car seat, she's never fallen asleep anywhere no matter how tired. I was so glad that I'd made a doctors appointment for her the following day. She once again napped for three hours and woke just before Deb, LiLi & Ian showed up for a little afternoon time together.

P20700361 tv Maisie woke up well and the girls played well together and even watched the premier episode of Ni Hai, Kai-lan which they both enjoyed. Once again though she just reached her limit and even after her late wake-up and long nap, she was sound asleep by 6:45PM.

Maisie slept well overnight and awoke late again this morning. I took her to her doctor and sure enough she has a sinus infection which is now being treated with antibiotics. She took a nice long nap and then it was time to head to my doc where sure enough my diagnosis was correct and I too am on antibiotics for my sinus infection. We are now planning a quiet weekend at home to rest up and get better but unfortunately we're going to miss a few activities including Chani's 1st Birthday Party. Total bummer but we're sending lots of germ-free hugs and kisses to the birthday girl, Happy first birthday Chani!


  1. Anonymous9:49 AM

    Going DSLR are ya? CooL!

  2. Feel better everyone!!!

    (I couldn't see what was behind the link -- shoot. Will have to check back later to see what you got.)



  4. Missed you today! Hope everyone feels better soon.

  5. Sending some good health good thoughts your way!

  6. I am so sad you are sick too. Get better quick.

  7. Missed you at the party but there will always be other ones. I hope you guys feel better soon.

    Congratus on the cool camera! - Can't wait to see some of the great pics you're gonna take!

  8. Oh no, sorry Miss M was sick and so out of sorts. And you too.



I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails