Sunday, February 03, 2008

The best-laid plans

P2020007e It was to be a weekend of parties and piccies but poor little Maisie is sick so a quiet weekend it has become. Maisie has had a runny nose for days and I figured since she's had no other symptoms, it was just her final two molars moving about. Saturday she was out of sorts most of the day but slept well at nap time and other than being cranky and having a runny nose, she seemed okay. So at 5PM we headed over to Deb's house to celebrate Chinese New Year with Deb and her family along with Lisa, Doug & Briana. Maisie started out okay eating her noodles but then she stated melting down. Then she was playing a little, but not her normal self. Now looking at the piccies of her I can see her sad eyes. We left early and were home just past 7PM and when I took off her jacket she was really hot. Her temp was about 103 so we got her into the tub and gave her some ibuprofen. She was so tired but after 20 minutes in the bath her temp was down to 101 and she drifted easily off to sleep. This morning she slept in until 7 but her temp was still high. Over the course of the morning her temp slowly got higher and higher and the poor little girl just wanted her Mama. So, we've had a quiet day at home with most of the day being Maisie and I snuggling on the sofa. She took a good nap but by 6PM she was fading and so she went down to sleep early and will hopefully have a good nights rest and wake feeling better in the morning.

14 comments:

  1. I think Eliza has the same thing. We've been in all day too. She looks very cute in her outfit.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14 PM

    Feel better Maisie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh...sorry to hear that news. I hope Ms. Maisie perks up again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to hear she is sick. Sending good germs her way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that Maisie is under the weather. Li Li is running a slight fever tonight too. You were VERY missed today :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're all sleeping now and you were able to get her temp down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Maisie. Although her outfit is absolutely stunning, little Maisie does look a little sapped of energy.

    I hope she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:42 AM

    I sure hope Maisie feels better today! And I hope you slept well. Have a wonderful Monday!!!
    Blessings,
    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh poor Maisie! Oh poor you - lol! I could tell Miss Maisie was not her perky little herself on Sat. I hope she feels better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We missed you on Sunday! Hope you are all doing better and will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've got that same bug at our house, but Chloe has no fever yet. I hope that Maisie feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope she is feeling better now.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope she's feeling better.

    Teething just sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:29 PM

    Treacle, you didn't include the main thing. Maisie can read and type now !

    Baba

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails