Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What about some lunch?

If you’ve followed this blog at all or seen my Cook Lisa Cook blog, you know that I do a lot of cooking.  Then how is it that I could forget to feed my little Maisie Miao Miao?

IMG_9089eSaturday morning I made a nice breakfast for Eammon and Maisie of coddled eggs and bacon.  I then got busy running around and doing some chores in the house and minutes before we were ready to walk out the door for a play date with Aspen, Maisie asked if I was going to feed her lunch.  OY, it was 1:10 and though I knew the time, I just never noticed that I didn’t offer or serve lunch to any of us.  Trust me when I say that missing a meal in this house is not something that happens as we enjoy our food and love to eat.  I asked Maisie what she wanted to eat and she was a happy little girl when I agreed that a lunch of crackers and brie was okay.  Maisie definitely takes after me as I could make a meal out of crackers and cheese any day of the week.

Even though I forgot to feed my daughter, I did manage a new recipe over on Cook Lisa Cook for Cantaloupe Agua Fresca.cantaloupe agua frescaThis drink is healthy and delicious and isn’t the color just gorgeous!  I adore fruit drinks as they’re cool and refreshing, perfect on a hot summer day and also a great way to get some extra no-sugar-added fruit into a wee one.  Head on over to Cook Lisa Cook for the easy-peasy recipe.

While you’re there, check out some of my other recently posted recipes: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Sometimes I'll even drizzle a bit of honey or add some basil leaves to the brie and crackers.

    Also, on another note.... I started a blog recently, and am trying to gather up some followers. Would you mind heading on over (it's called "Birds in the Kitchen") and "following" my blog? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! :o) Looks like the final product was a big hit though!

    You're right - the colour of the drink is gorgeous and I'm sure it was delicious too!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails