Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Enjoying Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak

IMG_9275e Maisie is my carb loving gal but lately she’s been asking for steak.  Steak for dinner, steak for lunch and even steak for breakfast.  I’m happy to oblige as getting protein into her can often be a challenge so while she’s all about the steak, I’m all about feeding it to her. 

The other night I made a Teriyaki marinade that my Mother has made since I was a little girl and it’s always been a favorite.  I use my version of my Mom’s recipe all the time and both Eammon and I love it so I hoped that Maisie would enjoy it too.  

IMG_9257eI served Maisie a jacket potato with butter, Roasted Enoki and a good serving of steak.  Other than the jacket of the potato Maisie ate everything on this plate and then asked for and ate seconds and then thirds of the steak.  While eating her first serving she asked me where I got such a good recipe and I told her that it was Grandma’s recipe and that when I was a little girl she made this for me.  Maisie then let me know that Grandma was a good cook!  

IMG_9246eThis marinade is delicious, shoot I’ve been eating it for a lifetime!  If you’d like to try it out check out the recipe for Grandma’s Teriyaki Steak over on Cook Lisa Cook.

More wonderful recipes can also be found there including:: Mango Lassi, Stir-Fried Asparagus with Water Chestnuts, Ginger & Cashews, Curried Roast Chicken Pieces with Spicy Sweet Potato & Carrots, Grilled Corn & Bacon Pudding, Oriental Chicken Salad, Potato Salad with Bacon, Coffee Crusted Steak, Home Style Chicken Curry, Watermelon FrostyMango Gazpacho, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Long Beans with Walnuts, Blacksmith Pizza, Rhubarb Crisp, Laksa, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Aloo Gobi, Mint Lassi, Red Curry Chicken, Lamb Curry, Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Baked Egg Cups Two Ways, Thai Peanut Salad, Holy Guacamole, Cantaloupe Agua Fresca, Wallaby Darned, Piggy-Out Cookies, Wicked Good New England Lobster Roll, Long Beans with Garlic and Super Simple Summer Shrimp Salsa Salad and Roasted Enoki.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm...steak!! Looks delicious!

    Just curious, is a jacket potato a baked potato or do you do something special to it? Inquiring minds want to know. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Maisie. Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Love Maise's cute smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, now I can enjoy Grandma's Teriyaki Steak. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails