Thursday, October 01, 2009

Swing of life

I've been so neglectful in posting to my blogs and my only excuse is that life has gotten in the way and when the day finally winds down I just haven't had it in me to sit down and write a post. Nothing bad, all is good, we're just busy with life and life with a busy almost 4 year old is extra hectic. For now just a quick bullet post.

* We're heading off for a week-long Western Caribbean cruise and hopefully when we return I'll have lots of wonderful pictures and the motivation and time to resume more regular posting.

* In 16 days Maisie will turn four!! Oh my gosh, how did she get so old and where has the time gone? Maisie's excited for her birthday party which is being held at her favorite place in the world, her gym. I love parties at the gym, no clean-up for me before or after and a very tired little girl at the end of the party.

* I have a shiny new laptop, woohoo! Eammon hasn't loaded my camera software onto the new computer yet so I still have to use the old clunker if I want to add pictures. This too may be part of why I haven't posted because in my mind, every post needs a picture.

* Maisie loves, loves, loves school and the teacher reports and her papers thus far have all been good. Her first report card will be sent home the middle of this month, it should be interesting to see what it says.

* Maisie has learned to snap her fingers and loves showing me her new found talent hundreds of times each day.

* Maisie adores recess and the swings. She has no difficulty getting herself up onto the swings, even the high ones which on her are chest high. She no longer needs anyone to push her as she'll let you know, because she's a big girl who knows how to pump and pump she does, getting herself higher than I care for her to swing.

* Sleep is still a major issue as Maisie just doesn't want to sleep in her own bed all night and wakes anywhere between 10PM and 1am crying that she wants to sleep with me. No matter what I try she will not go back to sleep in her own bed so in with me she climbs so that we both can get some sleep. She's also been super clingy and attached to me lately so maybe this is all part of the same thing. I'm just giving her all the attention she craves and hopefully whatever is going on with her will pass. Honestly though I'm not sure how she functions most day as she averages about 10 hours of interrupted sleep a day. Is that really enough? Readers, how long do your children sleep?

* Eammon continues to work crazy hours arriving home most nights after 8 or 9PM so a week with no work, computer, phone or responsibilities will be a welcome change.

* Well I need to finish packing so posts and piccies when we return. Have a great week.

10 comments:

  1. Have a great time! Sounds like you all need some rest and relaxation.

    I cannot believe she's gonna be four!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:23 PM

    Glad to see your post! I can't believe she's going to be 4!!!

    All of my kids are different on their sleep needs - always have been. Maisie waking up and wanting to be in bed with you sounds so much like my Owen. He's 5 and I wonder if he'll ever out grow it??

    Have fun and relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fabulous trip Lisa! We'll see you when you get back!

    Sorry to hear about Maisie's sleep issues. I wish I had some words of advice. Briana doesn't have any sleep issues, except maybe sleeping too much!

    Glad that Maisie is doing so great in school. She's a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAve a great time on your cruise. We are taking one over christmas, for the same reasons as you....a hubby with a crazy schedule who is never home.

    Glad she loves school and sorry about the sleep, but it makes me feel better. We sound like we are in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, a child needs only as much sleep as they need. :)

    If a child gets 10 hours sleep, and they function well on it, then all they need is 10 hours of sleep. :)

    If they get 10 hours of sleep and they are miserable, then they need more than 10 hours sleep. :)

    The question is: how well are they functioning on the sleep they get?

    My oldest(8) needs/requires/demands 12 hours a night. My youngest (3) requires only 11. Go figure! I need 12, but get only 5! Heh.

    Best,
    Snick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

    Our son is 4 and he goes to bed around 8pm and I have to wake him up for school at 6:30am... He also naps for an hour in preschool every day, but foregoes the nap on weekends.

    Each kid is different, so maybe she is getting enough sleep (poor Mom!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your update. Eliza would be so jealous that Maisie can snap and pump! Very cool stuff!
    Eliza gets about 10 hours at night and takes a 1-2 hour nap during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FOUR?!!! NO WAY!!! Time just goes too fast. (and don't feel bad about not posting... NO ONE could be worse at that, than me?!!!)

    Have an awesome Cruise! I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... I can't believe Maisie is turning four. It is amazing how time has just flown by.

    I'm so glad she loves school so much! She is an amazing little girl.

    As for sleep... poor you!
    Rachel sleeps about 10-11 hours each night, but it is pretty solid sleep. She also will take naps, too... though that is hit and miss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise. Maizie is such a darling girl. Happy Birthday to her! You are a fun family.

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails