I've been so neglectful in posting to my blogs and my only excuse is that life has gotten in the way and when the day finally winds down I just haven't had it in me to sit down and write a post. Nothing bad, all is good, we're just busy with life and life with a busy almost 4 year old is extra hectic. For now just a quick bullet post.
* We're heading off for a week-long Western Caribbean cruise and hopefully when we return I'll have lots of wonderful pictures and the motivation and time to resume more regular posting.
* In 16 days Maisie will turn four!! Oh my gosh, how did she get so old and where has the time gone? Maisie's excited for her birthday party which is being held at her favorite place in the world, her gym. I love parties at the gym, no clean-up for me before or after and a very tired little girl at the end of the party.
* I have a shiny new laptop, woohoo! Eammon hasn't loaded my camera software onto the new computer yet so I still have to use the old clunker if I want to add pictures. This too may be part of why I haven't posted because in my mind, every post needs a picture.
* Maisie loves, loves, loves school and the teacher reports and her papers thus far have all been good. Her first report card will be sent home the middle of this month, it should be interesting to see what it says.
* Maisie has learned to snap her fingers and loves showing me her new found talent hundreds of times each day.
* Maisie adores recess and the swings. She has no difficulty getting herself up onto the swings, even the high ones which on her are chest high. She no longer needs anyone to push her as she'll let you know, because she's a big girl who knows how to pump and pump she does, getting herself higher than I care for her to swing.
* Sleep is still a major issue as Maisie just doesn't want to sleep in her own bed all night and wakes anywhere between 10PM and 1am crying that she wants to sleep with me. No matter what I try she will not go back to sleep in her own bed so in with me she climbs so that we both can get some sleep. She's also been super clingy and attached to me lately so maybe this is all part of the same thing. I'm just giving her all the attention she craves and hopefully whatever is going on with her will pass. Honestly though I'm not sure how she functions most day as she averages about 10 hours of interrupted sleep a day. Is that really enough? Readers, how long do your children sleep?
* Eammon continues to work crazy hours arriving home most nights after 8 or 9PM so a week with no work, computer, phone or responsibilities will be a welcome change.
* Well I need to finish packing so posts and piccies when we return. Have a great week.