Sunday, May 12, 2013

Transatlantic cruise #3

photo (74)e Yes, it has been an entire month since I last posted on the blog and no, we didn’t fall off the face of the earth or sail off the edge either.  We have been traveling and last Sunday we returned from a wonderful transatlantic cruise followed by a few days touring Barcelona.  We had a wonderful time but it's taken me a full week to get my pictures uploaded and this small post together as jet lag really kicked all of us good.  I think we are finally back on track…hopefully…and posts will resume as normal. 

photo (12)e For Maisie and I, this was our third transatlantic cruise.  Our first transatlantic was on the Disney Magic in April 2010, followed by our crossing on the Norwegian Sun last April.  This year we cruised on the Norwegian Epic.  We sailed out of Miami and then had only two ports of call, which were both repeat cities for Maisie and I as we visited both Funchal and Barcelona on our Disney cruise.

The Epic is the largest ship that we have ever sailed on.  The ship was truly beautiful and felt very different from all our other sailings. 

photo (19)eView of the main pool and waterslides from the adult’s only quiet/lounge area at the bow of the ship.

photo (10)eThe adult’s only pool area at the aft of the ship.

photo (20)eThe balcony rooms were the same size as the balcony rooms we’ve had on all our previous sailings but this one was curvy and I thought quite attractive.

When I look back at my previous cruise posts I took hundreds of pictures, especially of Maisie and her towel animals but I think that I’m getting lazy or complacent.  Of our eleven nights on the ship, I only took eight photos of Maisie and her towel animals and I didn’t even pull out my real camera, I took the photos with my iPhone.  

photo (29)ephoto (22)ephoto (18)ephoto (15)ephoto (12)ephoto (9)ephoto (4)ephoto (76)eMaisie adored walking into our room to see what was there.

As I said, just a short post, more cruise posts to come.

The day before we set off on our travels it was my Improv Cooking Challenge posting day and our two required ingredients were bacon and eggs.  I chose to make Mini bacon & Swiss Quiche Cups which are a perfect make ahead, breakfast / brunch / anytime, hold-it-in-your-hand, easy-to-reheat, great-on-the-go little delight.  Check out the recipe by clicking on the link or the picture to be taken to Cook Lisa Cook and the recipe.

Mini Bacon Swiss Quiche Cups

More delicious recipes on Cook Lisa Cook include:  Tri-color Cookies, Oatmeal Coconut Raspberry BarsMrs. Ogle’s Tarts, Chocolate Mint Brownies, Lemon Squares, Toll House Double Stuff Oreo Brownies, Math Book No Bake Cookies, Piggy-Out Cookies, Kicked Up Piggy-Out Cookies, Zucchini Lemon Cookies, Nutella No Bake Cookies, Lime Jewels, Walnut Roca Squares, Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps, Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies, Pink Strawberry Cake Balls, Crunchy Oat, Almond, Cashew & Pebbles Granola Bars, Biscoff Fudge, Cashew & Chocolate Granola Bars, Glazed Lemon Squares, Maisie “safe” No Bake Cookies, Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites, Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars, Mini Cheesecake Bites, S’mores Granola Bars, Sweet Potato Cranberry Nut Cookies and Lemon Almond Biscotti.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:28 PM

    Lisa, this is really interesting but I just realized you were likely on the same ship as another blog I read. My friends mother in law and father in law are travelling the world for the next several years. They get from place to place via cruises and then stay a month or two in one spot somewhere in the world. It just hit me after reading this post to check the dates on theirs as they were on the Epic as well.

    http://www.worldwidewaftage.com/2013/04/we-changed-ships-heavenly-back-to-back.html?utm_source=feedly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were on our ship...small world!

      Delete
  2. Awesome. Can I come live at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be interested in hearing why this cruise felt different to you than previous ones. I haven't taken my family on a cruise, but would like to sometime in the future (when Holly is older).

    Looks like a great start. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails