Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gong xi fa cai

This morning Maisie and I celebrated the year of the rabbit with friends from our local FCC playgroup.  We met at a local Chinese/sushi/Mongolian grill buffet restaurant where the children started out making a craft of a cute hanging fish.  Afterward everyone enjoyed all the wonderful food and the party ended with all the children receiving red envelopes with gold foil covered coins and goodie bags full of treats and toys.  It was extremely loud but great fun and we look forward to attending more events.

IMG_5248aMaisie working on her hanging fish craft.

IMG_5259The children all enjoyed making their hanging fish and working on the coloring pages.

IMG_5252Maisie with her completed fish. 

IMG_5255Me with my beautiful little girl.

IMG_5260Maisie and the dancing Amelia.

IMG_5275aCamille and Maisie playing on my iPhone.

IMG_5282aTwo cuties, Maisie and Ellie Grace.

3 comments:

  1. I love Maise's qipao! So beautiful! (where did you buy it...?). Looks like a wonderful time!
    Happy Chinese New year!

    Alyzabeth's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, everytime I make it by here it seems Maisie has grown three inches!

    Great photos. Love the one of you two together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shot of you and Maisie together is GORGEOUS. You must frame it!

    What a fun afternoon. Isn't it awesome to have special events like these to go to just because we adopted from China?

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails