Monday, April 16, 2007

Our little footballer

Wow, it's been over a week since I last posted! Little Miss Maisie has been keeping us busy and tired.  Maisie and a lingering cold has kept me exhausted.

P41601211 Here she is in her first Watford outfit thanks to Uncle Michael. Ignore the snot, it's been constant no matter how often I wipe her poor, sore little nose, as she's teething and still getting over a cold. I think she has a bit of growing to do before she can wear it without the top being suggestive and the shorts sliding down to her ankles but she looks darn cute in it even now. Thanks Uncle Michael and hopefully you'll pop across and visit us before she out grows the outfit.
P41601231

So what's kept us so busy? At this point I hardly remember most of last week but I do remember meeting up with Kathy and Lisa for a nice lunch on Wednesday, followed by another great lunch date on Friday with Cindy and Ann. On Tuesday Maisie and I met up at the playground with other Moms and kiddos from my local SAHM group. Our Music Together teacher was away last week but we didn't miss out completely on music as Thursday Maisie and I started a Family Music ~ Dance with Me class through Parks and Rec. The class was fun and I met a Mom and daughter who live in our subdivision so hopefully Maisie will have a new playmate at the pool this summer. I know that we played with LiLi and Ian, that must have been Thursday afternoon but at this point the days are a blur. Over the weekend Maisie and I headed over for a quick play date with Emily and then here we are, a new week of days packed with activities.

This morning I registered Maisie for Mother's morning out. Starting the end of August she'll be going two days a week from 9:30 am - 1:00 PM where she'll make new friends, play, listen to stories, do some art, music & creative movement, gain some language & pre-math skills, lunch with other children and enjoy both indoor & outdoor play areas. I'll have the opportunity to get my hair cut, do a little solo shopping, clean up the house and maybe even go to the bathroom all by myself! Honestly though I'm stressing sending her and having her away from me two days a week. I have almost four months to prepare not only her, but me especially, for the separation. I know that Maisie needs to do some activities without me and with other children to help her with her socialization skills and to help her become more independent and if I keep saying this to myself maybe it will make it easier when the time comes to leave her that first day.

17 comments:

  1. Maisie looks adorable in that outfit! It was so nice seeing you last week. I think Maisie will do wonderfully in the MMO program and you will get some well deserved adult time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:09 AM

    Hi Sweetpea. You look so cute in your Watford shirt. Now there are at least two Hornets in Atlanta.
    Baba loves you and misses you. Big big hug from Toronto.

    See you Friday, save me some kisses.
    Baba
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, every time there's a Maisie picture I think it's the cutest one ever. Then before I know it, there's an even cuter one posted. It just doesn't stop... the cuteness.

    Good luck with the morning out thing. I know it will be hard on you but so well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I'm off like a rocket to google "Mother's Morning Out" programs in our area. Love you Lisa!!! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute outfit!

    Mother's Morning sounds like a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:49 PM

    Okay that outfit is stinking adorable. LOL at your "suggestive" comment.

    Don't feel bad about needing your time, you can do it! And she will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these photos. Great sport (-: I must admit to being a Man U fan though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are one busy, happy family, even with the colds! Maisie is so cute. Hope you enjoy that "me" time when it comes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maisie is just too cute. And she weighs as much as Shayna and is taller. Funny, because Maisie is younger. Anyway, you and Maisie will do great in her new class at the end of august. Sometimes, the anticipation of the seperation can be worse than when it happens. You deserve the time and it will be great for both of you. The kisses and hugs you will receive when she sees you again are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maisie just looks adorable. Have fun with your "Me" time. As we all know that all Mommies need them. Me included!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks like she's ready to start kicking the ball right now...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. could she be any cuter? I really don't think so!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  13. TOO CUTE!!!! I come by here all the time and never have time to comment (fly by blogreading!), but I had to stop and say how adorable lil Miss Maisie is! And I think you'll find that the mom's morning out will do you BOTH some good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photograph of Miss M. I think Mother's Morning Out sounds like a wonderful thing. I won't bore you here but we just started leaving Kai with his Nanny and after an initial 5 minutes of wailing (gut wrenching) he had a great time with her and his friend. It is hard, but ultimately good for them. Call if you need any support during the transition.

    Karyn, Kai, and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post and I am glad you guys will be getting some alone time..Cant wait to hear how it goes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hellllooooh Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maisie is so adorable! I know haow hard it is to leave your baby, but trust me, it will be a great social experience for her. Sydney has learned so much (no, not all of it good!) since she's gone to school. And she loves it! I hope Maisie also learns to love it!

    P.S. Isn't it amazing the amount of snot they can produce?!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails