Friday, December 23, 2005

Fried brain


Either I've fried my brain or I've gotten really stupid. First, I almost missed a really wonderful gift from one of my secret pals. On top of that, I keep sending emails or telling people that I'll see them, or talk to them, in 2007. Then yesterday, I washed the tile floor in the kitchen and family room only to then, decide to bake some cookies for Eammon's office mates. Of course I end up with flour on my freshly washed floors, allowing me to wash them all over again. Next, I was watching the cookies bake thinking that they were awfully thin, later realizing that I probably left out at least a cup of flour! Eammon and I both tried a cookie and decided that even though they were the worlds flattest cookies, the flavor was wonderful and the texture was good, being a little crisp around the edges and chewy in the center. They were deemed a successful failure and hopefully his office mates enjoyed them.

Then, very, very early this morning I headed out to do a few errands, only to find that I had left my car in the driveway all night, unlocked. Ok, it must have just been yesterday that I was "out of it" and today would be better...Right? Wrong! I started to pull out of my driveway only to realize that I was still wearing my slippers. So I go back into the house and I couldn't remember the alarm code, thus setting off all the sirens in the house. I then had to wait for the alarm company to call so I could officially tell someone, "I am stupid!"

I finally get out of the house, appropriately dressed and head off down the road, looking at all the pretty Christmas lights displayed by my neighbors. I got to the end of my road and noticed that I didn't have my headlights on! I turned them on and I was on my way. I drove 10 miles and arrived at my destination to find that I had never put on my seat belt!!! I was shocked as I *always* wear it and putting it on is automatic...Where was my brain? Ok, I thought, shake it off... I did my errand and got back to the car to find that the car is still in gear and the emergency brake was not pulled up! Luckily I wasn't on a hill...OMG, what is wrong with me! Can you believe that the Chinese government is actually going to allow *me* to raise a child!!

Now I am afraid to go anywhere for fear of what havoc I may cause! I should be doing what I do best, which is what I am doing in the top picture.... Laying in the shade, reading, with nothing around which I can damage, harm or forget. But, since I can't be back on the beach, I am going to be careful, stay home, be quiet and safe, and carefully use the computer.

Here are few more Aruba pics. All of the pics in this post were taken by our friend, Karen (see her in the pic from Madame Janette's).

I'm enjoying my book

Laurie feeding a friendly iguana

No worries of someone sitting on this fence!

Collapsed Natural Bridge

Beautiful beach

Wave bye bye

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, wishing everyone happy holidays!

10 comments:

  1. Just tell us when and where you will be on the road!!!
    It will come back--the body must want more relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok Lisa...after the New Year comes and the holidays are behind us, you should be back to normal! Just stay home, put your feet up, and pretend you are still on vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, sounds like a severe cookie/sugar shortage to me. Try to get more in the next few days, ok? I bet it will fix you right up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, it must be the pregnancy hormones kicking in. my theory is that it happens to us adoptive moms too. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, wait until you HAVE your baby! then it is called "mommy brain!!"
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gotta agree - thankfully the brain cells return somewhat after referral - tho I am told they take a vacation a week or two after you get home (is it jet lag perhaps?) or the lack of sleep? I can't even talk about the stupid things I did (or didn't do) while the end of our interminable wait dragged on.. at least I removed all the non-black shoes from my closet or else that would have happened (one blue one brown!) again! LOL
    Can't be long now.... Missy (the Amazin Chloe's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:05 PM

    It sounds like you have pre-mommy brain to me! Just wait until you are chasing Baby S around; it will be even worse, but in a very good way!

    Heather
    LID July 20, 2005 for Sydney (or Twins!)
    www.EncinosaFamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...That's pretty funny stuff, Lisa! Kick back on the couch, make yourself a drink with an umbrella in it, and don't go ANYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:42 PM

    Ahhh, okay. Hello fellow brain fader-ette. At least I'm in good company. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:55 PM

    Thanks for sharing the pics - Aruba is beautiful! We stopped there on a cruise and found the iguanas to be super friendly - one even danced for us!

    As for the forgetfullness, I am getting it too. Andthis past week I have broken several things on accident. Totally unlike me! DH keeps asking what I am going to break next. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails